WOOHOO, it's Halloweeeeeeen and today I'm sharing my finale project for Lost Coast Portal to Creativity's particiption in the annual 31 Days of Halloween blog hop! If you've missed all the excitement then dash on over and start your Monster Binge on the Day 1 post! Leave a comment on all 31 days and be in the drawing for a TREAT, you've got until Nov 5th to comment and be included in the drawing and one winner will receive $5 LCD/CV Bucks to spend in the LCD/CV online stores! Plus, our October Challenge ends tonight at 5 to midnight....enter your Halloween projects for the chance at winning TWO PRIZES! So dash on over to LCPtoC and join the fun!
Now for my finale project inspired by one of my fave Seal songs, "Kiss From a Rose".
"Kissed by a Rose on a Grave" Coffin Trinket Box
Featuring the following stamps:
Lost Coast Designs
large Articulated Skeleton
long stemmed Rose Bud
large Spiderwebs background
large Heads and Roses background
I found these really cool coffin boxes in the dollar deals section of Target and started out by dismantling the box by removing the hinges and the latch and used the box pieces themselves to create a template. I traced each section of the box; the top, sides, base etc onto white cardstock and stamped the large Heads and Roses background on the lid part in Tuxedo Black Memento ink a few times to cover the entire area and the large Spiderwebs background on the back and all the sides. I coloured the Heads and Roses image with Copics and then cut out all the panels and adhered them to the box with Scotch Quick Dry adhesive, trimmed away any excess overlap and then applied Tea Dye, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot Distress Inks to the entire piece with foam ink applicators. I then reassembled the box and got to work on the 3D lid decoration.
First, I embellished the lid front and the back with a large self-adhesive design in black jewels by Recollections. I stamped the large Articulated Skeleton and the Rose Bud in Tuxedo Black Memento ink twice each onto white cardstock and coloured with Copics. I then fussy cut out all the pieces, curved the skull, hands, rose bud and the leaves to enhance the 3D effect I was going for and assembled the pieces to form a skeleton hugging a rose to its chest and adhered everything to the lid with Quick Dry adhesive and pop dots. I love how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by to see my project today!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN